Tanya's Louisiana Southern Fried Chicken
Southern Fried Chicken Recipe Ingredients
* 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons onion powder
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil for frying
Southern Fried Chicken Recipe Instructions :
1. First of all in a medium size bowl mix together the eggs and milk. Add ALMOST all of the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder (reserve a dash of each for seasoning the chicken pieces). Set aside.
2. And then sprinkle a dash of the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder onto both sides of the chicken pieces.
3. Next in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Put the flour in a plastic bag. One piece at a time, dip the chicken into the egg/milk mixture then add to the plastic bag. Shake the bag so that the flour is covering each piece of chicken.
4. You can check to see if the oil is hot enough by sprinkling a little flour in the skillet. If it fries, it's hot enough! Place the chicken pieces in the skillet. After about 5 minutes, turn the chicken over. Let chicken fry for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the juices run clear. Enjoy the fried chicken !